Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Evening Prayer - Day of the Angels

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Hours of the Passion, from 10 to 11am

Oh adorable cross,
the longing of my heart,
the martyrdom of my love,
the purpose of my existence!

Oh cross, seat of wisdom,
you teach true sanctity!
You alone form heroes,
athletes, teachers and saints!

You are our life!
You are our light,
defense, protection, strength!
You guide us, glorious, into heaven!

The Father takes pleasure in you
by offering his Son in sacrifice,
in the love of the Holy Spirit,
for the glory of the Divine Will! Amen.

Ant. 1 Lord, purify all the interior of our hearts.

Psalm 1 Vol. 1, pg. 5

How much easier it is
to please just one instead of so many.
Let us make each other happy,
as if you and I
were alone in this world.

Promise to be faithful to me,
and I will pour so many graces into you
that you yourself will be amazed.

I have great designs upon you,
provided you always correspond to me
and conform to my Will,

I will enjoy making you
into a perfect image of myself,
beginning with the imitation
of my birth even to my death.

Don’t worry about being unable to do it,
because I myself will teach you
a little at a time how to do it.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 1 Lord, purify all the interior of our hearts.

Ant. 2 Consider the fruit that will come from the seed of your sufferings.

Psalm 2 Vol. IV, March 19, 1901

The right way to suffer
consists in not looking at
the sufferings themselves,
or at who causes them.

This is how I suffered,
neither looking at the executioners,
nor at the suffering.

I only looked at the good
I intended to do for all men,
even for those who made me suffer so much.

I despised everything else,
and fearlessly continued along the course of my suffering.

This is the easiest and most profitable way to suffer,
not only with patience, but also with an invincible
and courageous spirit.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 2 Consider the fruit that will come from the seed of your sufferings.

Ant. 3 I am the dwelling place of pure souls.

Psalm 3 Vol. III, December 21, 1899

Purity is the most precious gem
the soul can possess.

The soul that possesses purity
is dressed with innocent light,
in such a way that blessed God
finds his very own image,
when he looks at himself in it.

He feels so attracted to this soul,
that he even falls in love with it;
and he is overwhelmed by so much love that he gives it
his most pure heart for a dwelling place.

Because only that which is most pure and clean
can enter into God;
nothing stained enters into that purest bosom.

The soul that possesses purity
preserves its original splendor
that God gave it when he created it.

There is nothing disfigured or unworthy in it.
But as the queen that aspires to
the heavenly King’s wedding,
it preserves its nobility.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 3 I am the dwelling place of pure souls.

SHORT READING Vol. V, March 24, 1903

“Whoever wants to stay I my Will all the time, retains my very Person in himself. Although he can go out of my Will, since I created him with free will, my power works a miracle by continuously sharing my divine life with him. He feels such strength and unifying attraction with the Divine Will from this sharing, that even if he wanted to go out, he could not. This is the continuous power that goes out of me toward whoever always does my Will.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. III, June 14, 1900

G. The cross absorbs my Divinity into the soul *and makes it resemble
my humanity.

E. The cross absorbs my Divinity into the soul *and makes it resemble
my humanity.

G. It duplicates my very works in it,

E. *and makes it resemble my humanity.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E . The cross absorbs my Divinity into the soul *and makes it resemble
my humanity.

Ant. of Praise Holy Mother, visit our souls and make them into a worthy dwelling place for the Divine Will. (Queen of Heaven, Appendix I)

SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
Holy Mother, visit our souls and make them into a worthy
dwelling place for the Divine Will.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Jesus, we pray to you for all the bishops and priests, so that in the unity of your Will they may always remain united to the Holy Father: Divine Will, come to reign in us!

+ Illuminate all humanity with the light of your Will, so that there may be only one flock and one shepherd in your Kingdom: Divine…

+ May the shining holiness of your Will flourish, mature and bear fruit in your holy Church: Divine…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brothers and sisters: Divine…

OUR FATHER…

PRAYER

Holy Father, to make your Will reign on earth as in heaven, you sent your own beloved Son to show us the way, the door and the means necessary to obtain such a great Kingdom. Grant us to die in each moment to our human will, so that we can always live in the fullness of your most holy Will.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment