Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Morning Prayer - Day of the Angels

INVITATORY

HYMN
Vol. III, December 21, 1899

Oh, how beautiful is the virgin soul,
precious flower of paradise!
Heaven and earth are filled
with perfume of this pure lily.

How one can sense its fragrance
and its freshness!
Its heart emanates
purity and innocence.

Even its body
gives off the odor of purity.
Everything is pure in it!
Everything is love in it!

What charisms, what graces,
what reciprocal love
and loving tactics there are
between this soul and its spouse, Jesus!

You alone, oh Jesus, are the purest One,
the dwelling place of pure souls.
You are the first noble lily,
model of all the others! Amen.

Ant. 1 The lack of esteem for other persons is a lack of true Christian humility and kindness.

Psalm 1
A humble and gentle soul knows how to respect everyone
and always interprets kindly whatever others do.

The surest way to be upright with one’s neighbor,
is not to look at what he does at all;
because to look at , think about
and judge are all the same thing.

When anyone judges his neighbor, he cheats his own soul,
and the result is that he is not upright with himself,
with his neighbor or even with God.
Love of neighbor, then,
is the most essential and necessary thing.

Where charity is lacking,
everything is upset, there is no harmony.
That is why charity is called “kingdom”;
because it has dominion, order and harmony.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 1 The lack of esteem for other persons is a lack of true Christian humility and kindness.

Ant. 2 If you find yourself alone, afflicted and suffering, in your mind come near me and offer me your insignificant pains.

Psalm 2 Vol. I, pg. 19

Think a little about my bitter pains
and about the agony of death
that I suffered in the Garden,
and then make a comparison.

You will still be there
alone and without my presence,
but you will see me alone and abandoned
by my most faithful friends,
whom you will notice are asleep
for having omitted prayer.

With the lights that I give you,
you will see me in the midst of the bitterest pains,
and surrounded by asps,
poisonous snakes and rabid dogs,

which are the sins of all men in the world,
past present and future,
yours included.

All together they weighted me down so much
that I agonized,
and they made me feel as if I were
about to be eaten alive.

My heart and my whole Person
felt as if they were under the pressure of a press,
and so I sweat enough living and abundant blood
to bathe even the ground.

Then, to all this, add
the abandonment of my Father…
Now tell me: when have you
ever suffered as much as this?

So, if you find that you are without me,
without any consolation,
full of bitterness, anguish and pains,
in your mind come near me
and offer me your insignificant pains to relieve me.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 2 If you find yourself alone, afflicted and suffering, in your mind come near me and offer me your insignificant pains.

Ant. 3 It is only obedience to the Will of God in all its manifestations that makes up an merits.

Psalm 3 Vol. VI, August 8, 1904

Works are not what make up man’s merit,
but only his obedience to the Divine Will.

Obedience, as the offspring of the Divine Will,
makes up all merits,
so much so, that everything I suffered
in the course of my life
was born of the Will of my Father.

That is why my merits are innumerable,
because all were made from
my obedience to the Divine Will.
I don’t look so much
at the number or at the greatness of the works,

but rather at the direct or indirect connection
they have with my Will,
manifested by whoever represents me,
by my providence or by the circumstances
that I have arranged.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 3 It is only obedience to the Will of God in all its manifestations that makes up any merits.

SHORT READING Vol. IV, September 18, 1900

“Whoever hurts his neighbor, hurts himself. Whoever kills his neighbor, kills his own soul. Just as charity to one’s neighbor predisposes the soul to all virtues, so it is that the lack of charity predisposes the soul to commit every sort of vice.”

RESPONSORIAL

G. The other virtues can stand alone, but charity *binds everything and
puts it in order.

E. The other virtues can stand alone, but charity *binds everything and puts
it in order.

G. In a soul where charity doesn’t reign everything is in disorder.

E. *binds everything and puts it in order.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. The other virtues can stand alone, but charity *binds everything and puts
it in order.

Ant. of Thanksgiving Holy Mother, pour your sorrow into our souls and convert all our pains into the Will of God.
(Queen of Heaven 23rd Medit.)

SONG OF THANKSGIVING

Ant. of Thanksgiving
Holy Mother, pour your sorrow into our souls and
convert all our pains into the Will of God.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Lord, we put our human will into your hands so that in its place you will give us your Divine Will, and so we will always be able to live in it: Divine Will, come to reign in us!

+ For all those who suffer, that they may imitate the Blessed Virgin Mary, by giving their unconditional Fiat to all that God asks of them: Divine…

+ That all men will recognize and adore the Will of God in each circumstance of their lives: Divine…

+ For all those who assist us, and for those who commend themselves to our prayers, that the Divine Will may give them all its goods: Divine…

OUR FATHER…

PRAYER

O God, in your infinite goodness you wanted all graces to be given through the Blessed Virgin Mary. Grant that through her intercession, the Kingdom of your Divine Will may be established in all its fullness among creatures.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment