Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 4 - Night Prayer - Day of the Passion

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father…..

HYMN

Please satisfy me; don’t make me yearn anymore!
If you live in my Fiat,
the night will end for you
and you will enjoy the midday sun!

Each act done in it will be a new day,
bringing you new graces,
new love and unexpected joys!

You will erect my throne for me
of most brilliant light in you,
where I will rule as a reigning king,
where I have formed my kingdom!

I will make all my works,
my pains, my steps, my love
and my own strength be your attendants!

They will serve to defend, help and nourish you.
There is nothing I won’t give you
if you live in my will! Amen.

Ant. My truths will serve as the dowry to be able to be married to God.

Psalm Vol. XXXVI, May 17, 1938

My love wants to bind itself ever more to the creature;
and the more truths it manifests about my Will,
the more bonds of union I make between God and it.

As my love manifests these truths,
so it prepares the marriage between God and the soul;
and the more it manifests,
the more magnificent and grand
will the wedding be.

Do you know what? My truths will serve as the dowry
to be able to be married to God.
They will make known who it is that,
moved by his love alone, abases himself
to the point of binding himself
with bonds of marriage.

My truths modify the creature time and again.
They mold it, they form the new life in it,
they beautify and return our image and likeness to it,
as it was when we created it.

My truths impress on the creature
their kiss of inseparable union with it.
Each one is a new sun that we make rise
in created intelligences,
which, by means of light and heat
will make itself known,
to transform into light and heat
whoever has the good of hearing it.

So, to conceal a truth that we bring forth
with so much love, is the greatest crime,
and it deprives mankind of the greatest good.

Glory be to the Father….

Ant. My truths will serve as the dowry to be able to be married to God.

SHORT READING Vol. XXXVI, June 5, 1938

“My blessed daughter, I created creation and all creatures to form my delights in them and to bring forth from our Supreme Being the excesses of our love and the wondrous power of our works. If we took such pleasure in creating so many varied and multiple works in the order of creation, that were to serve man, much more were we to delight in working unheard of wonders, works never before thought of, beauties that enchant, in the creature that was to serve us.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XXXVI, June 5, 1938

G. Man was the first act of creation, so *we were to delight in him so much
that we would always be busy.

E. Man was the first act of creation, so *we were to delight in him so much
that we would always be busy.

G. He was to be with us always, to love us and make himself be loved by
us.

E. *We were to delight in him so much that we would always be busy.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. Man was the first act of creation, so *we were to delight in him so much
that we would always be busy.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle (Spiritual testament of Luisa)

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
O Lord, with infinite love you created us for your immense glory. We pray you to take our will in your hands so that you can make it a wonder of your mercy in your Most Holy Will.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the divine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment