Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 2 - Night Prayer - Day of the Divine Will

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Vol. X, February 8, 1911

My Love, you alone understand me,
you alone know me.
My own loving silence
tells me even more about my love!

Seal me all with love,
in your gentle heart!
Open all my veins and make love flow
instead of blood!

Take away my every breath
and make me breathe the air of love!
Burn my flesh and my bones
and weave me all, all with love!

Love teaches me to suffer with you.
Love crucifies me
and makes me all similar to you;
my gentle crucified love!

Eternal immense and divine love
be to God the Father, to you, O Jesus
and to the Holy Spirit of love,
in your most holy Will! Amen.

Ant. Perfect resignation is the seal of the sure possession of God.

Psalm Vol. VII, November 6, 1906

My Lord, - says the soul –
I too would like to be like you:
all love, and nothing else.

This is what I have in mind for you – says Jesus.
That is why I talk to you often
about perfect resignation.

Living by my Will,
the soul acquires the most heroic love;
it goes so far as to love me with my very same love
and becomes all love itself.

Then, being all love, it is always in touch with me.
So, it is in me, with me and through me
that the soul does all that I want.

It only moves for and desires my Will,
where all eternal love of God is enclosed,
and where the soul is enclosed too.

By living this way,
the soul goes so far as to almost
disperse its faith and its hope.

Because, having reached the point
of living by the Divine Will,
the soul no longer feels in touch
with faith and with hope.

If it lives by my Will,
if it has found my Will and feeds on it,
what must it believe?

And what must it hope for,
if the soul already possesses by Will
and lives not outside of God, but in him?

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. Perfect resignation is the seal of the sure possession of God.

SHORT READING Vol. VII, August 10, 1906

“For as many little pleasures that the soul denies itself in this life for love of me, so many more paradises will I give it in the next life. So, one less enjoyment here means one more paradise there.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XII, December 6, 1917

G. The acts done in my Will are noble and divine; *they are without end
and infinite, just like my Will.

E. The acts done in my Will are noble and divine; *they are without end
and infinite, just like my Will.

G. They are similar to my acts, and I give them the same value, love and
power as mine.

E. *they are without end and infinite, just like my Will.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. The acts done in my Will are noble and divine; *they are without end
and infinite, just like my Will.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle (Spiritual testament of Luisa)

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
O Lord, you are eternal and infinite love. Consume our souls in the immense fire of your love so that transformed into you, we will love you with your own love for everyone and for everything.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the divine.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment