Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Evening Prayer - Day of St. Joseph

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Vol. II, September 9, 1899

My beloved soul,
how beautiful you are;
my simple dove,
my dearest home!

Your continual longing
relieves and refreshes me,
from the continual offenses
that I receive from creatures!

I want you to know
my love for you is so great,
that I am forced to keep part of it
hidden from you.

Otherwise, you would go crazy,
and wouldn’t be able
to keep on living!

You are my living temple,
in which, united to the Father
and to the Holy Spirit,
I happily enjoy myself! Amen.

Ant. I Obedience is a very powerful warrior; its name is “victory” for God and for the soul.

Psalm I
Obedience was everything for me;
I want obedience to be everything for you.

Obedience made me be born;
obedience made me die.
The wounds I have in my body
are all wounds and marks that obedience gave me.

Obedience is a very powerful warrior,
armed with every type of weapon, ready to wound;
for it didn’t even leave a drop of blood in me.

It tore my flesh to pieces,
it dislocated my bones.
My poor, weary and bleeding heart
went about looking for relief,
from anyone who would have compassion on me.

Obedience, more than a cruel tyrant with me,
was satisfied when it sacrificed me on the cross,
and when it saw me die, a victim of love for it.

The office of this very powerful warrior
is that of sacrificing souls.
The only thing it does is to wage relentless war
against anyone who doesn’t sacrifice himself for it;

it has no concern whether the soul
suffers or enjoys, lives or dies.
Its eyes are watching to see if it wins or not.
It doesn’t care about anything else.

So this warrior’s name is “victory,”
because it gives all victories to the obedient soul;
and when it seems like the soul dies,
then true life begins.

Is there anything obedience didn’t give me?
Through it I defeated death, overcame hell,
freed enchained man and opened heaven.

As a victorious king,
I took possession of my kingdom,
not only for myself, but for all my children
who would have taken advantage of my redemption.

Ah, yes! It’s true that it cost me my life,
but the name “obedience”
sounds sweet to my ear,
and that is why I show so much love
to obedient souls.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. I Obedience is a very powerful warrior; its name is “victory” for God and for the soul.

Ant. 2 Patience is the secret key for opening the treasure of the virtues.

Psalm 2 Vol. IV, January 31, 1901

Patience is superior to purity,
because without patience
the soul easily becomes unrestrained
and it’s difficult for it to stay pure.

Patience is not only the guardian of purity,
but it’s also the stairway
for climbing the mountain of fortitude.

What’s more, patience is the seed of perseverance;
and this seed produces limbs called firmness.

Oh, how the patient soul
is firm and stable in the good it undertakes!

It pays no attention to rain, nor frost,
nor ice, nor fire;
the only thing it has in mind
is to bring to completion the good it has begun.

Because there is nothing more foolish
than when a person does something good one day,
because he likes to,
but doesn’t do it the next day
because he doesn’t like to anymore.

What would you say about an eye
that sometimes sees,
and sometime doesn’t;
or a tongue that speaks now,
but later can’t?

Ah yes, only patience is the secret key
that opens the treasure of the virtues.

Without the secret of this key,
the other virtues don’t arise to give life to the soul and make it noble.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 2 Patience is the secret key for opening the treasure of the virtues.

Ant. 3 The right intention directs the spiritual life of the soul.

Psalm 3 Vol. V, May 11, 1903

Peace puts the passions in their place;
but what makes the soul victorious,
establishes it in good
and sanctifies everything,
is to do everything for God, that is,
to act for the sole purpose of pleasing God.

It is this right intention that directs,
dominates and sets the virtues right,
even obedience itself.
It’s like a conductor
that directs the spiritual music of the soul.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 3 The right intention directs the spiritual life of the soul.

SHORT READING Vol. V, October 7, 1903
“Victim souls are the human angels that must implore, make reparation and protect humanity. Regardless of whether or not they obtain their purpose, they must not cease from their work, unless they are assured to do so from above.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. IV, February 10, 1901

G. Self-love *is very short-sighted.

E. Self-love *is very short-sighted.

G. So much so that it can’t take even a step without tripping,

E. *is very short-sighted.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. Self-love *is very short-sighted.

Ant. of Praise Powerful Queen, dominate our will and convert it into Divine Will. (Queen of Heaven, 3rd Med.)

SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
Powerful Queen, dominate our will and convert it into
Divine Will.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Lord, soften man’s heart, so that he can clearly hear your untiring voice of love that calls him to live in the Kingdom of the Divine Will: Divine Will come to reign in us!

+ Open the eyes of our heats so we can see the light of your Will that surrounds us everywhere: Divine…

+ Grant that our every action and our whole life may be a continuous act of Divine Will: Divine…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brothers and sisters: Divine…

OUR FATHER….

PRAYER

Oh God, in your infinite power and wisdom, in an excess of your immense love, you wanted to give man the gift of your Divine Will, make us die completely to our human will so that we may live only by the divine.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment