Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week 4 - Night Prayer - Day of the Most Holy Trinity

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Vol. XXXV, August 9, 1937

My son, I love you, I love you;
and you tell me that you love me,
so I can rest my great I love you
on your little I love you!

Hurling it into the immensity of my Fiat,
I make you be loved
by everyone and by everything,
and you love me for everyone
and for everything!

I am immensity itself,
and I like to give my immense love to creatures
and to receive it from them.

I give and receive the harmonies,
the multiple notes, the sweetnesses,
the enchanting and enrapturing sounds
that are contained in my love! Amen.

Ant. The moment of death is our last spying of love on the creature.

Psalm Vol. XXXV, March 22, 1938

Our goodness and our love are so great,
that we try every way, we use every means
to snatch the creature from sin
and make it safe.
And if we don’t succeed while it is alive,
we make our last surprise of love
at the moment of death.

You must know that that moment
is our last spying of love on the creature,
and we accompany it with graces, light and goodness.

We put enough tenderness of love there
to soften and win the hardest hearts.

And when the creature finds itself
between life and death,
between time that is ending
and eternity that is about to begin,
almost when the soul is in the act of leaving the body,

I, your Jesus, show myself
with a lovableness that enraptures,
with a sweetness that captivates
and eases the bitternesses of life,
especially of that extreme moment.

And then, my gaze…..
I look at it, but with so much love
as to snatch from it an act of sorrow,
an act of love, an ascent to my Will.

Now, in that moment of disenchantment
when they see and experience first-hand
how much we had loved and do love them,
they feel such sorrow
that they repent for not having loved us.

They recognize our Will
as the beginning and the fulfillment of their life;
and in satisfaction they accept death,
thus performing one act of our Will.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. The moment of death is our last spying of love on the creature.

SHORT READING (Vol. XXXV, March 28, 1938

“If the creature doesn’t do at least one act of God’s Will, the doors of heaven do not open, nor is it recognized as heir of the heavenly fatherland, nor can the angels or saints admit it among themselves, nor would the creature want to enter there because it would know that it doesn’t belong to it. How many are saved in virtue of this, our all-loving espionage, except the most perverse and obstinate, although they will have to go through the long stay of purgatory.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XXXV, March 22, 1938

G. The moment of death is * our daily catch.

E. The moment of death is our daily catch.

G. Lost man is not found.

E. *our daily catch.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. The moment of death is our daily catch.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle (Spiritual testament of Luisa)

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
Lord, dispose our hearts so that we can always live in your Will, and so that at the hour of our death you can find in us all the glory and love that you wanted to receive from us when you created us.
Through Christ Our Lord.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the divine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment