Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 2 - Night Prayer - Day of the Angels

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Vol. XII, January 9, 1920

Oh, God, how you pour yourself out upon man,
in great streams in every created thing,
giving him your eternal kiss
and offering him your immense love!

When you were creating the sun,
you put oceans of love
into each drop of light,
to flood the eye of man!

With its light and heat
you made the plants,
the flowers and fruits fertile;
and your seas of love ran
to nourish man with your love!

In each created thing, in everything,
you offered your love to man,
darting your creature,
almost impatient to receive its love!

You have done everything for man,
to love him and play with him,
in the immense and divine glory
of your most holy Will! Amen.

Ant. I make whoever lives in my Will do everything, and I give him everything.

Psalm Vol. XII, December 6, 1917

My child, how sweet it is for me to see,
to feel the soul in my Will!

Without noticing it, the soul finds itself
at the height of my acts, of my prayers,
of the way I did things when I was on this earth,
placing itself almost at my level.

In my smallest acts I included all creatures -
past, present and future - ,
to offer the Father complete acts
in the name of all creatures.

There was nothing I did not enclose in me;
I did not even let a breath of the creature escape me.
Otherwise, the Father
would have been able to find exceptions,
if creatures and all their acts were not done by me
and did not come forth from me.

He would have been able to say to me,
“You have not done everything and for everyone;
your work is not complete.
I cannot recognize everyone
because you have not reincorporated them in yourself,
and I want to recognize only that which you have done.”

So, in the immensity of my Will,
of my love and my power,
I did everything and for everyone.

So, how could other things ever please me,
for however beautiful they may be, outside my Will?
They are always lowly, human, and limited acts.

Instead, the acts done in my Will are similar to mine,
and I give them the same value,
love and power as my own acts.

I multiply them in everyone;
I extend them to all generations, to all times.
What does it matter that they are small?
They are always my acts that are repeated
and this is enough.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. I make whoever lives in my Will do everything, and I give him
everything.

SHORT READING Vol. XII, June 14, 1917

“My child, the more the soul strips itself of itself, the more I clothe it with myself. The more it believes it can do nothing, the more I act in it and do everything. I feel the creature putting into act all my love, my prayers, my reparations, and so on. This stripping itself and this love of the soul, which is mine, tie me and force me to do together with the soul what it wants to do; and I give it the merit of my love, my prayers and my reparations. I am most pleased as I feel my life repeated; and I make the effects of what I do descend upon everyone for their good, because it is not the work of the creature, which is hidden in me, but mine.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XII, December 6, 1917

G. The soul that puts itself in its true nothingness, *enters into the All and
works with me, in me and as I do.

E. The soul that puts itself in its true nothingness, *enters into the All and
works with me, in me and as I do.

G. All stripped of itself, not caring about merits or its own interests,

E. *it enters into the All and works with me, in me and as I do.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E . The soul that puts itself in its true nothingness, *enters into the All and
works with me, in me and as I do.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle (Spiritual testament of Luisa)

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
Oh holy Divine Will, enclose us in yourself and make us live all immersed in your oceans of light, of life and of love, where we will make all your power and your love ours, so you can find in us your rest and your own life that loves you.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the divine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment