Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Evening Prayer - Day of the Passion

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father…..

HYMN Vol. IV, December 25, 1900

O wonder of wonders,
God and man, man and God!
Mother and son are changed
into purest and divine light!

Jesus, who is light,
in the excess of his love,
comes forth freely from the
light of his spiritualized mother;
while she remains untouched
and unchanged.

Oh, the beauty of that baby,
who in those happy moments
gave off rays of the
Divinity even externally!

Oh, the beauty of that mother,
who was all enraptured
in those divine rays of her Son,
man and God!

Glory and love to God,
One and Three,
in the infinite oceans
of the Divine Will. Amen.

Ant. 1 My unwavering intention to always love my good Jesus more, is enough for me.

Psalm 1 Vol. I, pg. 29

I am not concerned about
heaven or hell;
my only concern is to love my
God and to make others love him.

I wasn’t given the present moment
to think about what is to come,
but only to correspond to his love
to make him ever more favorable to me.

I put heaven and hell in his hands;
he will give me that which is best for me
to always be able to glorify him more.

Jesus has made me understand
that the best way to win heaven
is to never want to hurt him,
even if it costs me my life.

In view of any offense to God,
it’s enough for me to say that I will never hurt him.
This gives me true calm and peace,
freeing me from every fear.

So I am not going to waste time worrying about
whether or not I did something wrong;
my unwavering intention to always love him more,
is enough for me.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 1 My unwavering intention to always love my good Jesus more, is enough for me.

Ant. 2 Rest in the cool of my shadow and you will feel better.

Psalm 2 Vol. VI, July 31, 1904

My child, if you love me,
then don’t look at yourself,
neither within nor without,

to see if you are hot or cold,
if you are doing much or not,
if you are suffering or enjoying yourself.

All of this must be destroyed in you,
and you must be looking only to see
if you are doing everything you can for me,
and just to please me.

How many souls falsify true devotion
and profane the holiest works with their own will,
always seeking themselves!

Even in holy things,
if they are just looking for ways to please
and to satisfy themselves,
then God escapes and they don’t find him at all.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 2 Rest in the cool of my shadow and you will feel better.

Ant. 3 I recommend that you have the spirit of continuous prayer.

Psalm 3 Vol. IV, July 31, 1902

The soul that always talks with me,
either by thought, or word,
or simply by its intention,
is so beautiful to me,
that the music of its heart
harmonizes with the music of mine.

I feel so attracted to such a soul,
that I not only manifest the exterior works
of my humanity;

but I even show it
something of the interior works
that my Divinity performed in my humanity.

The spirit of continual prayer brings with it such beauty,
that the devil is left struck down
as if by lightning,
and frustrated in his efforts to harm this soul.

Glory be to the Father……

Ant. 3 I recommend that you have the spirit of continuous prayer.

SHORT READING

“The more the soul knows and humbles itself, the closer it gets to virtue; and finding itself in virtue it tries to push itself further along virtue’s path, seeing that it lacks so much.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. I, pg. 10

G. I want to make you die to yourself *so that you will live only in me.

E. I want to make you die to yourself *so that you will live only in me.

G. You not only have to destroy your affection for creatures, but for
yourself as well.

E. *so that you will live only in me.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. I want to make you die to yourself *so that you will live only in me.

Ant. of Praise Dear Mother, by the resurrection of your Son, make us rise up in the Will of God. (Queen of Heaven, 29th Medit.)

SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
Dear Mother, by the resurrection of your Son, make us rise up in the Will of God.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Lord, put the seal of your Will on all our actions, so that the Father can find your own love and your own reparations in us: Divine Will, come to reign in us!

+ May each one of our thoughts, words and actions be an act of complete and divine reparation for the sins of men: Divine…

+ May every little suffering, contradiction, humiliation and sacrifice that you give us, be lived by us in the fullness of your Will: Divine…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brother and sisters: Divine…

OUR FATHER….

PRAYER

Oh Father of infinite mercy, you sent your Son to save, heal and sanctify man by giving back to him the gift of your Will, lost by Adam and Eve. Never permit us to lose that gift again, which you gave us with so much love at the beginning of creation.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment