Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Morning Prayer - Day of the Passion

INVITATORY

HYMN
Vol. II, March 13, 1899

O, charity, charity,
you are the outpouring of the divine Being
that speaks about divine love.

You are simple like God,
and so your voice resounds in everything,
from the greatest being to the smallest flower.

And from within them all,
you continually repeat your song of love:

Man, man, God created you
just because he loved you
and so that he could serve you.

Please don’t be ungrateful.
Love him, I beg you,
love your Creator. Amen.

Ant. 1 Jesus, only words from your mouth can worthily tell how great the cross really is.

Psalm 1 Vol. III, December 2, 1899

The cross that you suffered, Christ Jesus,
freed me from slavery to the devil
and united me to the Divinity
with a bond that can never be broken.

The cross is fruitful and
gives birth to grace in me;
the cross is light, and it makes me understand
how empty passing things are,
and reveals to me
that which is eternal.

The cross is fire,
and it reduces to ashes everything but God,
until it empties my heart
of the least little thing that could be there.

The cross is the most valuable money
and if I am fortunate enough to have it for my own,
then I will put up an eternal treasure for myself,
until I am the richest on in all of paradise;

because the money that circulates in heaven,
is the cross that was suffered on earth.

The cross makes me understand who I am and
who God is as well.
It grafts all the virtues in me.

The cross is the noble throne
where the uncreated Wisdom sits;
and from which it teaches me
the finest and most advanced lessons.

The cross reveals to me the most hidden mysteries,
the greatest secrets,
the highest perfection,
which are hidden to the learned and wise of the world.

Glory be to the Father….

Ant. 1 Jesus, only words from your mouth can worthily tell how great the cross really is.

Ant. 2 The cross is so powerful that it is more effective than the sacraments themselves.

Psalm 2 Vol. III, December 2, 1899

The cross is the purest water that cleanses me,
it nourishes the virtues within me
and makes them grow.
Then it leaves me
when it has taken me back to eternal life.

The cross is heavenly dew
that keeps and beautifies
the pretty lily of purity for me.

The cross is the food of hope.
The cross is the flame of operating faith.
The cross is hardwood that protects and
always keeps the fire of charity burning.

The cross is dried wood that
runs off the smoke of pride and conceit
and keeps them away;
giving rise to the meek violet of humility.

The cross is the most powerful
weapon against the demons,
and it defends me from all their attacks.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 2 The cross is so powerful that it is more effective than the sacraments themselves.

Ant. 3 Whoever shares in the pains of my passion takes the same form as my humanity.

Psalm 3 Vol. IV, February 8, 1902

In the first place, my passion means glory,
praise, honor, thanksgiving and reparation
to the Divinity.

In the second place, it is the salvation of souls,
and all the graces that are needed to obtain this.

Whoever shares in the pains of my passion,
not only has all these very same meanings in his life,
but he takes the same form as my humanity as well.

And since my humanity is united to the Divinity,
the soul that takes part in my pains
is in touch with the Divinity too.

And it can obtain whatever it wants;
in fact, its pains are keys
for opening the divine treasures.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 3 Whoever shares in the pains of my passion takes the same form as my humanity.

SHORT READING Vol. III, November 6, 1899

“Everything that you do just to please me, shines before me in such a way that it attracts my divine gazes, and I like it so much that even if it is nothing more than the batting of an eye, I give it the same value as if I myself had done it.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. V, October 16, 1903

G. My Will is light, and whoever always does my Will *feeds on light.

E. My Will is light, and whoever always does my Will *feeds on light.

G. Even though the soul may pick up some defect, my Will continually
cleanses it,

E. *it feeds on light.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. My Will is light, and whoever always does my Will *feeds on light.

Ant. of Thanksgiving May the wounds of Jesus and the sorrows of our
Blessed Mother give us the grace to make our wills rise up in the Will of God. (Queen of Heaven, 27th Medit.)

SONG OF THANKSGIVING

Ant. of Thanksgiving
May the wounds of Jesus and the sorrows of our
Blessed Mother give us the grace to make our wills rise up in the Will of God.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Jesus, let us always live crucified together with you, so that you can find a divine relief in us: Divine Will, come reign in us!

+ May we receive all the fruit that every cross brings us and take full advantage of it: Divine…

+ Let us suffer everything that you yourself suffered with your very same intentions: Divine…

+ For all those who assist us, and for those who commend themselves to our prayers, that the Divine Will may give them all its goods: Divine…

OUR FATHER….

PRAYER

Most loving Father, the greatest proof of your love for your beloved son was to crucify him; so we ask you to fill our souls with the gift of your Will, so that we can fully take part in the crucifixion of your Son Jesus in ourselves.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment