Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Evening Prayer - Day of the Most Holy Eucharist

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father…..

HYMN Hours of the Passion, from 9 to 10 pm

Jesus, you are my joy and my delight!
Your love runs to the altar where
you have prepared the bread and wine
for the sacramental consecration.

Gentle Jesus, my life and my heart,
You take on a tender and loving aspect.
Your eyes radiate light;
your Divinity seems to overflow
from your humanity.

The apostles are all eyes and breathless,
rapt by a sweet enchantment.
In spirit your loving mother hurries to gaze upon
the wonders of your love.

The angels come down from heaven.
Astonished and in awe they ask one another:
What is it, what is going on?
This is too much, this is going too far.

A God who is not creating heaven and earth,
but himself, in the most insignificant
substance of a little bread and wine.

Glory and love to the Father,
to Jesus and to the Holy Spirit,
in their Will’s act of purest love. Amen.

Ant. 1 My sacrifice is continuous in the Sacrament of the Eucharist.

Psalm 1 Vol. IV, March 12, 1903

When the most holy Trinity solemnly decreed
the mystery of the incarnation
to save the human race,
I accepted, and united with their Will,
I offered myself as victim for mankind.

After I had begun,
especially when I found myself
surrounded by pain and insult,
I got to the point
of being left alone and abandoned
even by my beloved heavenly Father.

And not only that, but burdened by all pains,
I had to force almighty God to accept my sacrifice
and to let me continue it
for the salvation of all mankind.
And this I was able to do.

The sacrifice goes on still;
it is a continuous effort,
though it be an effort of love,
in the Sacrament of the Eucharist.

In the Eucharist the sacrifice is continuous,
and I have to make a double effort:
one to obtain mercy for creatures,
the other to obtain their love.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant.1 My sacrifice is continuous in the sacrament of the Eucharist.

Ant.2 The holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the most outstanding mystery of our holy religion.

Psalm 2 Vol. l, pgs. 68-69

Oh Jesus, how high, great, outstanding and exalted
is the priestly ministry,
to which you have conferred
such an exalted dignity,

not only to deal with you so intimately,
but even to offer you in sacrifice to your eternal Father
as victim of reconciliation of love and peace!

Sometimes Jesus so hides the priest in himself,
that it seems not the priest but Jesus himself
is celebrating the divine sacrifice.

Yes, holy Mass brings everything to our attention
and silently speaks to our hearts
about all the infinite love of God,
offered so abundantly for the benefit of man.

It continually reminds us of our fulfilled redemption.
It recalls, step by step,
the pains that Jesus suffered for us,
ungrateful as we are for his infinite love.

It makes us understand how he wasn’t even satisfied
to die just once upon the cross for us,
so he instituted the perpetual sacrament
of the Eucharistic Sacrifice.

The most consoling thing
that the holy Sacrifice of the Mass encloses,
is Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and his resurrection.

Together with his passion and death,
these mysteries are mystically renewed
upon our altars each time
the most holy Sacrifice of the Mass is celebrated.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 2 The holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the most outstanding mystery of our holy religion.

Ant. 3 How beautiful is the light acquired from and communicated by such a holy sacrifice.

Psalm 3 Vol. I, pgs. 68-69

Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament reminds us
of the resurrection of our own bodies into glory.
Leaving his sacramental state,
he lives in the bosom of God the Father.

Similarly, human souls,
leaving the state of the present life,
will live forever in the bosom of God.

Our bodies will be consumed
just like the sacramental species,
almost as if they no longer existed.

Then, by a miracle of God’s all-powerfulness,
they will regain life
on the day of the universal resurrection.

Those of the good, joined together with their own souls,
will go off to enjoy the eternal beatitude of God.
The others will go far from God,
to suffer the most horrible torments.

Glory be to the Father……

Ant.3 How beautiful is the light acquired from and communicated by such a holy sacrifice.

SHORT READING Vol. V, October 3, 1903

“My life really and truly continues in the world, not only in the most holy Sacrament, but in souls who are in the state of grace.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XV, March 27, 1923

G. I covered myself with the Eucharistic veils *so that I wouldn’t scare
anyone.

E. I covered myself with the Eucharistic veils *so that I wouldn’t scare
anyone.

G. I lowered myself to the most profound depths,

E. *so that I wouldn’t scare anyone.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. I covered myself with the Eucharistic veils *so that I wouldn’t scare
anyone.

Ant. of Praise Dear Mother, with your Fiat, transform my soul into a living host. (Queen of Heaven, 16th Medit.)

SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
Dear Mother, with your Fiat, transform my soul into a living host.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Holy Father, may all mankind receive the unity of the light of your Divine Will and become one with your holy Church: Divine Will, come to reign in us!

+ For the representative of the Kingdom of the Divine Will, the pope, that he may form one flock under one shepherd in your Will: Divine…

+ For our bishops and priests, that the Divine Will may fully reign in them, and through their ministry, in all souls: Divine…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brother priests: Divine…

OUR FATHER….

PRAYER

Holy Father, infuse your Holy Spirit into our souls, so that transformed into other Jesus’, in him we may become perfect altars, victims and priests for your glory.
Through Christ Our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment