Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 4 - Night Prayer - Day of the Most Holy Eucharist

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father…..

HYMN Vol. XXXVI, June 5, 1938

What expanses of light
in the supreme Divine Will,
where you can’t perceive
the depths, the height or the boundaries!

It seems to put aside its immensity,
height, depth and power,
and compress itself in me,
to do what I do!

It seems to delight in descending
from its heights, humbling itself to breathe,
pulsate and move in me,
while outside of me it remains what it always is:
immense and powerful, clothing
and surrounding everything. Amen.

Ant. Living in my Will is not virtue; it is life which I must form in the creature.

Psalm I Vol. XXXVI, September 5, 1938

I want the creature to live in my Will.
My interest and my longing for this is so great,
that when we have both agreed – the soul and I –
and firmly decided that it must live in my Fiat,
I am the first to make the sacrifice,
since this is my Will.

To achieve this goal,
I put myself at the soul’s disposal,
giving it every grace, light, love
and knowledge of my own Will,
so that the soul itself will feel
the need to live in it.

When I want something
and the soul promptly agrees to do it,
I myself take care of everything.

And when it doesn’t do it
because of weakness or circumstances
-not because of unwillingness or negligence-
I even make up for it and do what it should have done,
giving what I did to the soul
as if the soul itself had done it.

My child, living in my Will
is life that I must form, not virtue.
And life needs continuous movement and acts.
if they were lacking, it would no longer be life.
At best it could be a work,
which doesn’t need continuous acts,
but not life.

So, when the soul doesn’t do something because of
some involuntary indisposition or weakness,
I continue to make the life flow, I don’t interrupt it.
And perhaps my Will is even there,
in those very indispositions,
permitting those weaknesses;
so the will of the creature is already flowing in mine.

Then, above all, I look at the mutual agreement reached,
the firm decision made,
which has not been taken back
by any contrary decision.
And in view of this, I carry out my commitment
to make up for whatever it is lacking.

What’s more, I double the graces,
and I surround it with new love
and new loving approaches,
to make the soul be more attentive.
And I arouse in its heart
an extreme need to live in my Will.

Feeling this need helps the soul,
for when it feels its weaknesses,
it throws itself into the arms of my Will,
praying it to hold it close
so that it can always live with it.

Glory be to the Father….

Ant. Living in my Will is not virtue; it is life which I must form in the creature.

SHORT READING Vol. XXXVI, August 12, 1938

“My daughter, do you see to what extremes my love goes, because it wants the creature to live in my Will? I go so far as to pursue it with love and light. The light hides all its ills, so that seeing my Will alone, it abandons itself in it and lets us do whatever we want. Then, love entices it and makes it happy, and the soul lets itself be conquered by us.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XXXVI, August 28, 1938

G. Our love will compel us to breathe into man again, *to expel his
enemies and ours.

E. Our love will compel us to breathe into man again, *to expel his enemies
and ours.

G. We will cover him again with our love, and will make the life of our Will
enter into him,

E. *to expel his enemies and ours.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. Our love will compel us to breathe into man again, *to expel his enemies
and ours.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle (Spiritual testament of Luisa)

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
Oh God of love and mercy, we pray that human weaknesses and the circumstances of life will not keep you from being able to form the life of your Will in us. Consume everything with our love, and arouse in us an extreme need to live continuously in your Most Holy Will.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the divine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment