Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Night Prayer - Day of the Most Holy Eucharist

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father…..

HYMN Vol. IV, September 29, 1900

My beloved soul
heaven longs for you, in heaven I await you,
in the kingdom of my Fiat.

My dear, let your ardent sighs stop now.
They continually make me languish,
to the point of fainting out of pure love.

Your inflamed love,
your ceaseless pining,
are always relief to my saddened heart.

I want you always in my eternal Will,
in the Father, in myself,
and in the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Ant. If the Eucharist is the pledge of the glory to come, then the cross is the payment that buys it.

Psalm Vol. III, May 1, 1900

The cross beautifies and is so powerful
that if there are any debts
she takes care of them;
and to leave no doubt, she even obtains the receipt
for the debt that was owed.

Having taken care of every debt
she sets up the most radiant throne
for the soul in the glory to come.

Yes, the cross and the Eucharist take turns,
and the hope of one
more powerfully complements the other.

The cross is my favorite bed;
not because I didn’t suffer
the most agonizing pains there,
but because by means of the cross I brought forth
so many souls into grace.

So, in seeing so much good come forth,
that bed of sorrows was enjoyable for me
and I took delight in the cross and in suffering.

No, I don’t want you to be afraid in suffering,
which makes you almost afraid to do anything.
So, be strong. Be brave.
Dispose yourself to suffering.

Glory be to the Father….

Ant. If the Eucharist is the pledge of the glory to come, then the cross is the payment that buys it.

SHORT READING Vol. II, April 12, 1899

“My child, you are my tabernacle. It is the same for me to be in the Blessed Sacrament as it is to be in your heart. What’s more, I find something else in you that I don’t find in the Blessed Sacrament; I can share my pains with you and keep you together with me as a living victim before the divine justice.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XIV, July 6, 1922

G. While I instituted the Eucharistic Supper *I called everyone around me.

E. While I instituted the Eucharistic Supper *I called everyone around me.

G. I looked upon all the generations, from the first to the last man.

E. *I called everyone around me.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. While I instituted the Eucharistic Supper *I called everyone around me.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle (Spiritual testament of Luisa)

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
Most lovable Jesus, you wanted to hide yourself under the sacramental species in a most unheard-of wonder of your love. May we make use of all the fruits that each of the sacraments contain.
You, who live and reign forever and ever.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the divine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment