Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Night Prayer - Day of the Most Holy Trinity

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Vol. III, June 18, 1900

What a merciless tyrant
is love for you,
oh tormented Jesus!

Love made you suffer
continual sacrifices
during your mortal life!

It made you bleed to death
among atrocious pains
upon a cross!

It made you leave yourself
an everlasting victim of love
in the most holy Eucharist!

And it urges you as well,
to make your favored souls
into victims of love!

Ah, yes! It is your heart
that can neither relax nor rest
until it finds man!

And man…man,
how does he answer you?
With enormous ingratitude!

Eternal and immense love
in the Divine Will be given
to you, gentlest Jesus! Amen.

Ant. I usually perfect the soul little by little.

Psalm Vol. II, September 5, 1899

Don’t be discouraged; this is how I usually do it:
I perfect the soul little by little,
and not all at once.

I do this so that the soul will exert itself,
seeing that it is always lacking in something,
and make every effort
to obtain what it doesn’t have yet.

Otherwise, if the soul possessed
the fullness of perfection
and consequently all the virtues,
it would be unable to find ways to strive
to please me more.

So, attracted by those progressive acts
I feel compelled to give the soul
new graces and heavenly favors.
With this, an all divine exchange is established
between the soul and God.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. I usually perfect the soul little by little.

SHORT READING Vol. III, January 6, 1900

“Confidence has two arms. With one, the soul embraces my humanity and uses it as a ladder to climb up to my Divinity. With the other it embraces the Divinity and draws great streams of heavenly graces. So, the confident soul is sure that it will obtain what it asks for. I let it tie my arms and do whatever it wants. I make it enter deep into my heart and take whatever it has asked me for, by itself. If I did not let it do this, I would feel myself in a state of violence.”

RESPONSORIAL

G. Sacrifice and self-denial *give birth to the purest and most perfect
love.

E. Sacrifice and self-denial *give birth to the purest and most perfect love.

G. Only by dying to oneself is life generated;

E. *give birth to the purest and most perfect love.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. Sacrifice and self-denial *give birth to the purest and most perfect love.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle (Spiritual Testament of Luisa)

Glory be to the Father…

Ant.
Blessed is the soul that lives is in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
Most merciful Jesus, grant that our souls may become living crucifixes, offered in sacrifice for the glory of the Father so that Kingdom of your Will may be extended to every heart.
You are God who lives and reigns forever.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the divine.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment