Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 2 - Evening Prayer - Day of St. Joseph

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Vol. X, February 8, 1911

O my Jesus, my good, my all, unquenchable love,
eternal love, I feel I am fainting from love; hold
me in your arms!

Enclose me in your heart, and from within your
heart let me also vent my love,
otherwise I will die of love!

With love I am delirious, with love I burn,
with love I celebrate, with love I yearn.
Love gives me death, and to new life
makes my soul arise more beautiful!

My life vanishes and I only feel
the life of Jesus, my love.
With my heart in his,
I feel immersed in love! Amen.

Ant. 1 I want to consume the creature in the supreme unity of my Will.

Psalm 1 Vol. IX, November 1, 1910

The supreme unity takes place when the soul reaches
such a close union with my Will
that any shadow of its own will is consumed,
in such a way that in this soul you can no longer discern
which is my Will and which is the soul’s.

So, my Will becomes its life; and the soul is content
with whatever my Will disposes,
both for itself as well as for the others.

Everything seems suitable to it:
death, life, the cross, poverty, ….everything.

This soul reaches the point
that even chastisements don’t frighten it anymore,
but in all things it is content with the Divine Will.

There is no greater power in heaven or on earth,
than a soul that in all things and in every way
is consumed in my Will.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 1 I want to consume the creature in the supreme unity of my Will.

Ant. 2 The soul that approaches me full of trust, captivates my heart and overwhelms me with joy.

Psalm 2 Vol. X, May 19, 1911

How pleased I am when the soul
forgets itself and its miseries,
and instead only occupies itself with me
my sorrows, my bitternesses and my love -,
and with all confidence remains with me.

This confidence captivates my heart and overwhelms me
with such joy, that just as the soul forgets all about itself
for me, so do I forget everything for the soul,
and I make it one with me,
even to the point not only of giving to it,
but of letting it take what it wants.

On the contrary, if a soul does not forget
everything for me, even its miseries,
and wants to be near me with all respect and fear,
with timid restraint and all apprehensive,
and without the confidence that enraptures my heart,

I cannot give it anything,
nor can the soul take anything
because it lacks the key of confidence,
of being at ease and of simplicity;
all of which are necessary,
for me to give and for the soul to take.

So with its miseries it comes,
and with its miseries it remains.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 2 The soul that approaches me full of trust, captivates my heart and overwhelms me with joy.

Ant. 3 Everything that the soul does together with me and in my Will, becomes the soul’s, just as it is mine.

Psalm 3 Vol. XI, September 21, 1913

Everything that the soul does
in my Will and together with me –
prayers, actions, steps …. –
acquire my own qualities,
my own life and the same values.

Everything that I did upon the earth
- prayers, sufferings, works…. - is all in act,
and will be eternally
for the good of whoever wants it.

My way of working differs from the creature’s way.
I possess the creative power in myself;
so, as I speak I create,
just as one day I spoke and created the sun.

This sun is always full of light and of heat,
and always gives light and heat
as if it were in the act of receiving
its continuous creation from me
without ever losing any of it.

Possessing the creative power in myself,
this is how I worked when I was upon the earth:
Just as the sun is in the continuous act of giving light,
so too, the prayers I prayed,
my steps, my works, my blood,
all are in the continuous act
of praying, of working, of walking…..

So, my prayers continue,
my steps are always in the act of running

after souls, and so on with the rest.
Otherwise, what great difference would there be
between my way of working and that of the saints?

Therefore, my child, a very beautiful, wonderful thing,
and not yet understood by creatures,
is that all the things the soul does together with me
and in my Will,
become the soul’s, just as they are mine.

The connection with my Will,
and working together with me,
makes it participate in my own creative power.
And if anyone does not understand this,
it can be said he doesn’t know me.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 3 Everything that the soul does together with me and in my Will, becomes the soul’s, just as it is mine.

SHORT READING Vol. X, October 14, 1911

“Oh, how few there are who base their life all on love! My child, make it known to everyone you can that everything is in love, the necessity of love; and that everything that is not love, even holy things, instead of making them go forward it makes them go backward. Let your mission be to teach the true life of love where there is all the beauty of creatures, and all the beauty that they can give me.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. X, October 26, 1911

G. Don’t you know that *love as well is a necessity in me, and that I need it
more than anything else?

E. Don’t you know that *love as well is a necessity in me, and that I need
it more than anything else?

G. I can vent my love and my sweetness only with someone who loves me
and is all love for me.

E. *love as well is a necessity in me, and that I need it more than anything
else.

G. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. Don’t you know that *love as well is a necessity in me, and that I need it
more than anything else?

Ant. of Praise My Will is sun and whoever lives in my Will becomes a sun and pleads for graces for everyone and gives light to all.
(Vol. X, December 21, 1911)

SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
My Will is sun and whoever lives in my Will becomes a sun
and pleads for graces for everyone and gives light to all.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Holy Father, let our only need be your Will so that the consummation of your love may be fulfilled in us: Come Divine Will, come to reign in us!

+ Give us the grace always to live with our eyes fixed on Jesus and to be mindless of everything else: Come …

+ May we never displease Jesus in the least, by going away from his most holy Will even for a moment. Come…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brothers and sisters: Come…

OUR FATHER….

PRAYER

O Jesus, may our life lived in your Will always and in every instant offer you love, praise and reparation for everyone and for everything to comfort and restore your heart from all the offenses that you receive from creatures.
You live and reign forever and ever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment