Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 4 - Evening Prayer - Day of the Passion

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father…..

HYMN Vol. XXXV, September 26, 1937

O Divine Will, how much you love me!
How can I ever correspond to your love?
I am amazed to see
how you always want to give to me!

But since I am small and incapable
of enclosing your immensity in me,
with unsurpassable patience and love,
you wait for me to enclose in me the truths
you have told me,
to make me take possession of them!

And as you see me take possession of them,
right away you get ready
to give and to say
even more surprising things to me!
Divine Will, oh, how you love me!
How can I ever return your love? Amen.

Ant. 1 In order to always give and receive, I call the creature to live in my Will.

Psalm 1 Vol. XXXVI, June 16, 1938

You don’t know how far my love makes me go,
toward whoever lives in my Will.
How many inventions it makes me devise;
how many things it makes me contrive!
I go so far as to make new surprises!

To always be busy with the creature,
and to always have it surprised
and occupied with me,
I never leave it idle.

Now I share a truth with it;
now I give it a gift; now I show it
our beauty that enraptures, our love that moans,
that burns, that becomes delirious
because it wants to be loved.

In short, I never leave it unoccupied.
And what I want most
is that it never leave me at leisure either;
I always want to be receiving.

Now, listen to what I do,
so that I can always give and receive.
I call the creature to live in my Will,
and I give it the gift of my Will’s holiness,
of its light, its life, its love, its infinite joys –
as much as it can contain of them.

After the creature has lived
for some time with these gifts,
finding it faithful, I go to it and say,
“Hand over to me everything I have given you.”

Wanting to show me how much it loves me,
without hesitating an instant,
it quickly hands everything over to me,
even its breath, its heartbeat, its movement, everything.

It gives me everything, keeping nothing for itself.
Indeed, it is happy
because it give everything to its Jesus.

I take everything, and look over
what it has given me time and again,
delighting and being happy in its gifts;
and I place them in my heart to enjoy them
as the property of my daughter.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 1 In order to always give and receive, I call the creature to live in my Will.

Ant. 2 Love is the beloved daughter, the inseparable firstborn daughter of the Divine Will.

Psalm 2 Vol. XXXVI, July 24, 1938

My Will is life, my love is food.
Life cannot endure without food.
And if there existed food without the life
to feed on it,
it would be useless,
and God doesn’t know how to make useless things.

Life gives rise to food,
so both of them are necessary.
Life can neither be formed nor grow,
nor can it develop its great works without nourishment,
and food would remain without works,
without transforming itself into marvelous things
if it didn’t have a life to receive it.

Besides this, my Will is light; love is heat.
They are inseparable from each other:
the light can’t be without the heat,
nor the heat without the light.

It is as though they were twins,
born at the same birth.
Yet, the first to be born is the light;
then the heat comes forth.
So, heat is the child of the light.

With this, my Will has its prime act.
Love is its beloved daughter,
its inseparable first-born.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 2 Love is the beloved daughter, the inseparable first-born daughter of the Divine Will.

Ant. 3 How enchanted I am to see my Fiat in creation, joined to that of the creature.

Psalm 3 Vol. XIX, July 20, 1926

My daughter, see how beautiful all of creation is!
It was the word of your Jesus,
who brought it about with a Fiat.
But do you know what the enchantment is,
that enraptures me?

It’s your little I love you on each thing created.
This little I love you of yours
impressed on each one of them,
speaks to me of your love.
They all speak to me
about my newborn daughter of my Will.
I hear the harmonious echo of all creation
that speaks to me of you.

Oh, how it enraptures me, how happy I feel,
seeing that my Fiat in creation
and the one which was taught to you
go hand in hand, they intertwine;
and fulfilling my Will, they give me rest.

But I am not content to rest alone:
I want the one who gave me rest together with me,
so that she can take rest,
and we can enjoy the fruits of our work together.

Look: doesn’t all of creation seem more beautiful to you,
and all the works of my redemption as well,
with your I love you and your adorations?
With your will fused in mine,
that lives life in the midst of the heavenly spheres?

Glory be to the Father……

Ant. 3 How enchanted I am to see my Fiat in creation joined to that of the creature.

SHORT READING Vol. XXXVI, December 28, 1938

“You must know that we love the creature with an immense love. Nevertheless, we don’t permit it to be together with us indecent, dirty, unattractive, naked or else covered with miserable rags. It wouldn’t be worthy of our supreme majesty to have children that don’t resemble us, and that in some way were not well dressed with the royal garments of our Fiat. Now our invincible love, wanting to deal with the creature on a familiar basis, with infinite wisdom has disposed to give my Will to the creature, to make it beautiful with its light, clothe it with its love, sanctify it with its holiness.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XXXVI, December 28, 1938

G. An act done in our Will surpasses everything; *it fills heaven and earth
and gives us divine love and glory for everything and for everyone.

E. An act done in our Will surpasses everything; *it fills heaven and earth
and gives us divine love and glory for everything and for everyone.

G. We ourselves glorify and love ourselves in the creature,

E. *it fills heaven and earth and gives us divine love and glory.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. An act done in our Will surpasses everything; *it fills heaven and earth
and gives us divine love and glory for everything and for everyone.

Ant. of Praise Our Will must reign in the creature, because it alone has the power to purify it and make it beautiful .
(Vol. XXXVI, December 28, 1938)

SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
Our Will must reign in the creature, because it alone has the power to purify it and make it beautiful .

INTERCESSIONS
+ Lord, soften our hearts and fill them with your infinite love so that we can always live in your Will: Come Divine Will, come to reign in us!
+ Illuminate our souls so that we can recognize your love which surrounds us everywhere: Come…

+ May each act that we do fill heaven and earth with love and adoration for you: Come…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brother and sisters: Come…

OUR FATHER….

PRAYER

Lord, in your love, grant us always to be able to discover your ever new inventions and surprises of love, so that by our doing as you do, you may find in us ever new surprises of divine love towards you.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment