Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Evening Prayer - Day of the Divine Will

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN Vol. II, October 3, 1899

My beloved soul,
how beautiful you are;
my simple dove,
my precious home!

Your continual longing
relieves and refreshes me,
from the continual offenses
that I receive from creatures!

I want you to know
my love for you is so great,
that I am forced to keep a part of it
hidden from you!
Otherwise, you would go out of your mind,
and would not be able
to keep on living!

You are my living temple,
in which, united to the Father
and to the Holy Spirit,
I happily enjoy myself! Amen.

Ant. 1 At least you be grateful to me, son.

Psalm 1 Vol. IV, September 5, 1901

Take courage my son, don’t be afraid,
love makes up for everything;
just keep putting your will in mine
so that you can do what I want.

That way, if you fall short sometimes,
I will take care of everything for you.
So don’t be afraid.

What you should know, is that true love is clever.
And a really clever person knows how to do everything;
especially when there’s a lover’s love in the soul.

A love that even takes upon itself
the sufferings of the person who is loved;
this is a heroic love, similar to my own.
If this love is present in you,
you will always make me happy.

Whenever I am abused and offended
by every kind of outrage,
in you, I will find someone who truly loves me,
who comforts me and pays me back for them all.

Then I will fix my eyes upon you,
I will forget all the outrages,
and I will bestow so many favors and graces,
even on the very ones who outraged me.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 1 At least you be grateful to me, son.

Ant. 2 Everything comes from faith. Whoever is strong in his faith, is also strong in suffering.

Psalm 2 Vol. VI, March 20, 1904

Whoever possesses faith can find God everywhere.
He discovers him in everything he does.
He touches him in every movement;
and every new situation that presents itself,
for him, is a new divine revelation
that he receives.

Remain strong in your faith,
because in all the circumstances and events of life,
it is faith that will provide you strength
and will always keep you united to me.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 2 Everything comes from faith. Whoever is strong in his faith, is also strong in suffering.

Ant. 3 Peace is the only thing that really lets you know if the soul is seeking God.

Psalm 3 Vol. VI, September 9, 1904

As the soul goes outside the boundaries of peace
so it leaves the divine realm,
and finds itself in either the diabolic or human realm.

Only peace lets you know
if the soul is seeking God for God’s sake
or for itself;
because if the soul is seeking God
it will never get upset.

You could say that God’s peace
and the soul’s peace
kiss one another.
The boundaries of the soul are extended
in such a way that everything becomes peaceful,
even the very same spiritual struggles.

On the contrary, if the soul is upset,
be it even in the holiest of things,
then it goes to show
that it is not God who is behind it all,
but the soul’s own ego
or some human goal it may have.

So whenever you don’t feel calm,
recollect yourself a little,
to see what is really bothering you;
destroy it and you will find peace.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 3 Peace is the only thing that really lets you know if the soul is seeking God.

SHORT READING Vol. I, pg.9

“Charity or divine life is what gives life and splendor to all the virtues. In such a way, that without charity, all works become dead works. My attention is not drawn to anything that is done without the spirit of charity, since such works cannot enter my heart. So make sure that whatever you do, even the smallest things, that you do them with a spirit motivated by charity; which means done in me, with me and through me.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. IV, July 23, 1901

G. To deny yourself completely, in order to give life to others, *this is true
charity.

E. To deny yourself completely, in order to give life to others, *this is true
charity.

G. To take upon yourself the sufferings of others and give them your own
goods,

E. *this is true charity.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. To deny yourself completely, in order to give life to others, *this is true
charity.

Ant. of Praise Heavenly Mother, enclose our wills in your heart and leave the sun of the Divine Will in our souls.
(Queen of Heaven, 31st Medit.)
SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
Heavenly Mother, enclose our wills in your heart and leave the sun of the Divine Will in our souls.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Lord, may our life be one continual act of the Divine Will: Divine Will, come and reign in us!

+ You who are the All, come to live in our nothingness so that you can
reign completely in us: Divine…

+ May all souls profit fully from the immense benefits that your most holy Will is continually giving us: Divine…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brothers and sisters: Divine…

OUR FATHER…

PRAYER

Holy Father, you who wanted to extend the most fruitful shadow of the Holy Spirit over the most holy Virgin Mary, generating in her your eternal Word, Jesus, grant that the same divine shadow may make all our acts fruitful and transform each one of them into a life of your Son, Jesus.
Who lives and reigns forever and ever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment