Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 2 - Morning Prayer - Day of the Angels

INVITATORY

HYMN
Vol. X, February 8, 1911

Do you want to hear love? All creation says to you, love.
If the stars shine they say to you, love.
Upon the wings of the wind
it is love that runs!

If the sun rises it gilds you with love;
if it shines with all its light
in the fullness of midday,
arrows of love it sends to your heart!

If the waters murmur
I extend my arms to you;
if the leaves move, I press you to my heart;
if the flowers smell sweet,
they delight you with love!

All creation in mute language
says to your heart;
I want nothing from you but life of love!

Love I want, love I desire,
love I beg from within your heart;
I am only content if you give me love! Amen.

Ant. 1 In love there can be many imperfections; in the Divine Will on the contrary, everything is perfect.

Psalm 1 Vol. IX, March 12, 1910

My Will perfects love, modifies it, restricts it;
it expands it in that which is holier and more perfect.

Love sometimes would like to run away
and devour everything
My Will subdues love and says,
“Wait, don’t break away,
because by running loose you could hurt yourself,
and by wanting to devour everything
you could make a mistake.

Love is as pure
for as much as it is conformed to my Will.
They walk together and continually
exchange the kiss of peace.

Only then is love safe,
when it is enclosed in my Will.
So then, love makes the soul appreciate and desire,
love becomes foolhardy and excessive;

my Will tempers and calms this same love,
and nourishes the loving soul
with more solid and divine food.

Love however, is none other than
the firstborn daughter of my Will,
yet it must always be looked after by my Will,
and I love it as much as myself.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 1 In love there can be many imperfections; in the Divine Will on the contrary, everything is perfect.

Ant. 2 With the divine views the cross becomes light, and the soul finds light and sweetness in it.

Psalm 2 Vol. IX, November 20,1909

Whoever takes up the cross with human views
finds it muddy
and so, heavier and bitter.

On the contrary, whoever takes up the cross
according to the divine views,
finds it full of light, light and sweet.

The human views are lacking graces, strength and light;
so the soul feels the boldness to say,
“Why did that person do that wrong to me?
Why did this other cause me this trouble,
why did he slander me this way?”

And the soul is filled with
indignation, anger and thoughts of vengeance,
and so the cross gets
muddy, dark and becomes heavy.

On the contrary, the divine views
are full of grace, strength and light,
and so the soul does not feel the boldness to say,
“Lord why have you done this to me?”

Instead, the soul humbles and resigns itself;
and the cross becomes light
and brings it light and sweetness.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 2 With the divine views the cross becomes light, and the soul finds light and sweetness in it.

Ant. 3 There are no roads, doors or keys to enter my Will; it is enough that the soul want it and all is done.

Psalm 3 Vol. XII, February 16, 1921

There are neither roads, nor doors nor keys
to enter into my Will,
because my Will is found everywhere;
it flows underfoot, overhead,
to the right and to the left, and everywhere.

All the creature has to do
is take away the little stone of its will.
Otherwise, even though it is in my Will,
it is like a stranger there,
neither taking part in it nor enjoying its effects,

because the little stone of its will
holds mine back,
just as rocks keep the water
at the shore from running anywhere else.

But if the soul takes away the little stone of its will,
in the very instant it flows in me and I in the soul
it finds every good of mine at its disposal -
strength, light, help -, whatever it wants.

So, this is why there are neither roads,
nor doors nor keys.
It is enough that the soul want it, and all is done.

My Will assumes complete responsibility
and gives it whatever it lacks,
making it travel everywhere,
within the limitless boundaries of my Will.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. 3 There are no roads, doors or keys to enter my Will; it is enough that the soul want it and all is done.

SHORT READING Vol. VII, October 18, 1906

“My child, the works that please me most are hidden works because they are free from any human spirit. They contain such preciousness in themselves that I keep them as the finest objects within my heart. Truly, if you were to compare a thousand exterior and plain-to-see works with one that is interior and hidden, the thousand exterior works would remain below just the one interior work, because in exterior works the human spirit always takes its share .”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XII, May 8, 1918

G. Have you seen what it is to live in my Will? *It is to disappear, it is to
enter into the realm of eternity.

E. Have you seen what it is to live in my Will? *It is to disappear, it is to
enter into the realm of eternity.

G. It is to penetrate into the all-powerfulness of the Eternal One, into the
uncreated mind; it is to take part in everything and in each divine act.

E. *It is to disappear, it is to enter into the realm of eternity.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. Have you seen what it is to live in my Will? *It is to disappear, it is to
enter into the realm of eternity.

Ant. of Thanksgiving My only comfort and my greatest enjoyment from creatures is love. (Vol. IX, May 25, 1909)

SONG OF THANKSGIVING

Ant. of Thanksgiving
My only comfort and my greatest enjoyment from
creatures is love.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Jesus, transform our hearts with your love, so that you can always feel in us your divine love that loves you, adores you, thanks you, and makes reparation to you for everything and for everyone: Come Divine Will, come to reign in us!

+ May your divine love become the predominant passion of every soul: Come …

+ Jesus, may our souls come to possess true love which alone can say, I am yours and you are mine: Come ...


+ For all those who assist us, and for those who commend themselves to our prayers, that the Divine Will may give them its every good: Come …

OUR FATHER…

PRAYER

Holy Father, may we always live in your Will so that from our soul there will flow nothing but one continuous act of divine love that will make good for the love that all creatures should give you.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment