Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 2 - Evening Prayer - Day of the Passion

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father…..

HYMN Vol. XII, January 2, 1921, February 2, 1921

What honor, what glory, what joy and satisfaction,
for you, of most holy Trinity,
is the fulfillment of your third Fiat!

It is complete the glory and the honor of the Fiat
of creation; and it will confirm the development
of the fruits of the Fiat of redemption!

Oh, how the Fiat Voluntas tua,
on earth and it is in heaven⁴
will be the fulfillment and crown of everything,
just as the original splendor of man!

Yes, these three divine Fiats
will be the shadow of the most holy Trinity;
they will be one and three, inseparable
but distinct between themselves,
and each will be the life of the other!

Eternal love be to the creating Fiat of the Father,
immense love to the redeeming Fiat of the Son
and to the sanctifying Fiat of the Holy Spirit,
in the unity of the light of the Divine Will! Amen.

Ant. 1 My passion began as soon as I was conceived.

Psalm 1 Vol. XII, February 4, 1919

My child, see with what an excess of love
I loved the creature: my divinity was too jealous to entrust
the creature with the mission of the redemption,
making me suffer the passion.



4 “Your Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”



The creature was powerless to make me die a death
for each creature that existed
and that would see the light of day,
and for each mortal sin
that it would have had the misfortune of committing.

The divinity wanted life for each death
that was caused by mortal sin.
Who could have been so powerful over me
to give me so many deaths, except the divinity?

Who would have had the power, the love and the constancy
to see me die so many times,
except the divinity?
The creature would have grown weary
and would have given out.

And don’t think that this work
of the divinity began late. No.
It began as soon as I was conceived
in the womb of my mother
(who many times was aware of my pains
and was martyred, and felt death together with me).

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant. 1 My passion began as soon as I was conceived.

Ant.2 The passion that creatures gave me was the image of what the divinity made me suffer.

Psalm 2 Vol. XII, February 4, 1919

Right from the womb of my mother,
my divinity assumed the function of loving executioner;
but because it was loving
it was more demanding and inflexible,
so much so, that not even a thorn
or a nail was spared my moaning humanity.

But it wasn’t like the thorns, the nails
and the scourges that I suffered in the passion
that creatures gave me.
These did not multiply
they remained as many as they gave me.

On the contrary, those that the divinity gave me
were multiplied at every offense.
So, there were as many thorns for as many bad thoughts;
as many nails for as many unworthy works;
as many lashes for as many illicit pleasures;
as many pains for as many offenses of all kinds.

So, they were oceans of pains
of thorns and of nails,
and countless lashes.

In comparison to the passion that the divinity gave me,
the passion that creatures gave me the last day of my life
was nothing more than a shadow and an image
of what the divinity made me suffer
during the course of my life.

This is why I love souls so much:
they are lives that they cost me,
they are pains inconceivable to the created mind.
So, enter into my divinity
to see and to understand what I suffered.

Glory be to the Father…..

Ant.2 The passion that creatures gave me was the image of what the divinity made me suffer.

Ant. 3 With what attention and respect the soul must meditate on my passion.

Psalm 3 Vol. XI, October 13, 1916

My child, during the course of my mortal life,
thousands of angels
were in attendance around my humanity,
gathering up all that I did:
my steps, my works, my sighs, my pains,
the drops of my blood, in a word, everything.

They were angels appointed to my care,
to honor me, obedient to all my gestures.
They came and went from heaven,
taking to the Father the things that I did.

These angels have a special office now:
as the soul recalls my life, my passion,
my prayers, they come together around this soul
and gather its words, its prayers,
its compassion for me, its tears and its offerings.

They unite them all to mine
and bring them before my majesty
to renew for me the glory of my own life.

The angels are so pleased
that in reverence they listen to what the soul says,
and pray together with it.

So, how attentive and respectful the soul must be
when it does the hours of my passion,
mindful that the angels hang on its lips
to repeat after it the things it is saying!

Glory be to the Father……

Ant. 3 With what attention and respect the soul must meditate on my passion.

SHORT READING Vol. XII, May 8, 1919

“Creatures were incapable of penetrating into my interior and make me suffer pains for the glory they had denied the Father by all the offenses committed in their interior. Even more so, because these wounded the most noble part of the creature which is the intellect, the memory and the will, where the divine image is sealed. So it was almost necessary for the divinity itself to assume this commitment and to be my loving executioner, to receive full satisfaction for all the sins committed in the interior of man.”

RESPONSORIAL Vol. XII, April 19, 1919

G. I did *everything that each soul was obligated to do toward its Creator.

E. I did *everything that each soul was obligated to do toward its Creator.

G. I had to give the Father glory, love and complete satisfaction for all
created things.

E. Everything that each soul was obligated to do toward its Creator.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. I did *everything that each soul was obligated to do toward its Creator.

Ant. of Praise In the passion that the divinity gave me I satisfied the Father for all the interior sins of man. (Vol. XII, May 8, 1919)

SONG OF PRAISE

Ant. of Praise
In the passion that the divinity gave me I satisfied the Father for all the interior sins of man.

INTERCESSIONS
+ Oh Jesus, by the power of your passion in us, turn all the weakness of our human will into strength and divine life: Come Divine Will, come to reign in us!

+ May we come to know the excesses of love of your interior passion: Come…

+ May we live all of our pains in your Will: Come…

+ May the light of the Divine Will embrace all our agonizing and deceased brother and sisters: Come…

OUR FATHER….

PRAYER

Oh Father, by the interior passion that our Lord Jesus Christ wanted to suffer for your love, grant us the grace to die forever to our human will to live always in your most holy Will.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment