Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 1 - Night Prayer - Day of Mary Most Holy

G. Oh God, come to reign in us.

E. Lord, let your Will come quickly.

Glory be to the Father...

HYMN
Oh, most holy Mother,
your loving heart is consumed
in the holy Will of the Most High
who lives and reigns as king in you!

With your sweet smiles
you enchant your Lord,
and the purity of your eyes
wounds his heart!

With the chains of your love
you bind your Creator,
and upon the wings of your love
you bring us the Kingdom of the Divine Will!

Glory be to the eternal Father,
to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
divine satisfaction and infinite love! Amen.

Ant. I am the Spirit of peace; don’t disturb my peace in your heart.

Psalm Vol. 1, pg. 8

Whenever you are praying
and you can’t seem to concentrate,
don’t think about anything else
except remaining calmly in that state,
and not about why you are distracted.

Humble yourself, and accept
the fact that you deserve
every kind of suffering and my absence from you;
then you won’t be the cause
of your own distractions.

Be meek as a little lamb
that licks the hand
of the one that kills it.

That way, when you feel struck down, beaten and all alone
because of the distractions,
you will resign yourself to my dispositions
and thank me with all your heart.

Offer me all your bitterness,
weariness and anguish
as sacrifices of praise and satisfaction,
and in reparation for the offenses committed against me.

Then, in spite of the distractions,
your prayer will rise up like fragrant incense
even to my throne.
It will wound my heart,
and will draw down upon yourself
new graces and gifts.

Then the devil, seeing you so humble,
resigned and all immersed in your nothingness,
will not have the strength to come near you;
and he will bite his lips in rage.

So this is what you have to do in this state,
to gain merits
when you thought you had lost them.

Glory be to the Father…

Ant. I am the Spirit of peace; don’t disturb my peace in your heart.

SHORT READING Vol. III, March 2, 1900

“I want your food to be suffering; not for the sake of suffering, but as the fruit of my Will. The most sincere kiss that strengthens the ties of our friendship is the union of our wills; and the indestructible knot that will keep us bound together is continual suffering.”

RESPONSORIAL
G. Let me pour my bitterness into you,*because I can’t contain it by
myself any longer.

E. Let me pour my bitterness into you, *because I can’t contain it by
myself any longer.

G. Have compassion on my sorrowful state,

E. *because I can’t contain it by myself any longer.

G. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

E. Let me pour my bitterness into you, *because I can’t contain it by
myself any longer.

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

Canticle Spiritual Testament of Luisa

Ant. Blessed is the soul that lives in the Divine Will; all generations will call it blessed!

PRAYER
Oh God, in your infinite goodness you have manifested the mystery of your Will to us that it might be fulfilled in the fullness of times. Dispose our souls to die to our human will so that we may always live in the fullness of your Divine Will.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

May the Lord put an end to the night of the human will, and let us rest in the Divine.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment